Approach to Teaching and Learning
I have an inclusive and personalised approach to teaching and learning. I can demonstrate this by:
- Developing positive relationships with the families of my students - Through informal conversations, regular parent-teacher meetings, individual child portfolios, classroom reflections, letters, emails and telephone conversations.
- Providing activities that cater for students' individual needs and learning styles - By supporting students' interests and ideas, through an inquiry-based curriculum both indoors and outdoors.
- Providing less restrictive outdoor play, to allow students to explore their environment in its natural state - Whilst collaborating with teachers, parents and students to ensure students' safety needs are being met.
- Assisting each student to achieve success - By allowing equal opportunity to discover their goals and providing encouragement to work towards these.
- Providing opportunities for uninterrupted, child-centred play time, so that students can discover their world and build relationships in a way that makes sense to them.
- Engaging in team work with teachers, students and families - To allow for the sharing of ideas, efficiency and development of relationships.